1. An International Geographical Exciting Destination
Low cost and fast access to your customers:
- Within a 2500km radius from Ho Chi Minh City, you can reach the Southeast Asian regional market of 600 million people, and have access to the vast Chinese and Indian markets of 2.3 billion people.
- Within 3500km radius from Ho Chi Minh City, you can reach the market of 3 billion people (50% of global population) as customers, labor pool and knowledge ocean.
2. A Unique Location
An economic hub of Vietnam
- 300 year history of the City.
- Ho Chi Minh City, the 8 million people City is the biggest economic center of Vietnam.
- Ho Chi Minh City, Dong Nai, Binh Duong & Ba Ria-Vung Tau known as the Southern Key Economic Zone represent more than 50% of national economic capacity.
- Contributing more than 20% of the country’s GDP.
- More than 100,000 companies (30% of Vietnam) registered in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Tan Son Nhat Airport: the biggest airport of the country.
- Saigon Port: the biggest sea port of the country.
- More than 3,000 foreign representative offices in the city from 60 countries and territories in the city.
3. Booming local market
Vietnam, especially Ho Chi Minh City, has enormous market potential to make your investment a lucrative one.
- The population is young and growing, with over 50% under the age of 35. They are increasingly perceptive and trendy due to 21st century communication and susceptibility to foreign influence.
- Income is growing, as is disposable income and spending.
- A mall culture is now prevalent. Shopping is about pleasure and no longer just to satisfy basic needs.
- Vietnamese spending patterns are ripe for foreign prospects.
- Consumers are quality conscious. They want the new and the latest, but they are not yet loyal so there is a lot of opportunity to build brands and businesses.
4. Labor, Education and Science
- Skilled work force: high level of communication skills and education.
- Willing to work and learn hard.
- Disciplined and strong work ethic.
- About 30% of all people holding postgraduate degrees are living in the city.
- High score at international contests (Music, Mathematics, Informatics, Robotics)
Human resource development program:
- Modernization and development of general education.
- Modernization and development of vocational training.
- Modernization and development of higher education.
- On-the-job training program for young business managers.
- 500 young Ph.D. and Master Program students in the period of 2005 – 2010.
- Programs for identifying, cultivating and supporting sports, culture and the arts.
- Education is highly valued in Vietnamese society, which benefits from a 94% literacy rate. Furthermore, 30% of the public has proficient communication skills in English. And still, education continues to increase in quality and quantity.
- More than 80 universities & colleges, vocational schools with over 400,000 students, including numerous business schools and programs. Courses in business management and marketing are also very prevalent.
- English language schools can be found throughout the city. It is not uncommon to see business employees enrolled in night classes.
- Education abroad is also popular, with an increasing amount of students studying in Australia, US, England, Canada, and Singapore every year.
5. A Learning and Reforming City Government
- Annual meetings with foreign business associations in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Investment and Trade Promotion Center (ITPC) and Department of Planning & Investment are designated to support foreign investors.
- ISO 9000 application to public administration.
- E-government: business registration on line; Dialog On-line: 24 government authorities responsible for answering any enquiry from businesses within 5 working days; customs clearance online
6. Rapidly Developing Infrastructure
Ho Chi Minh City boasts the best infrastructure in the nation, including modern transportation and telecommunication systems.
- Air transport: Tan Son Nhat Airport is the largest and busiest airport in the country, connecting to 50 countries and territories and transporting over 10 million passengers. 50 international airline agencies are providing services in Vietnam.
- Sea transport: The Saigon River port is the largest in the country, complying with international standards, Saigon port plays an important role in the sea transportation system of Vietnam and the Southern Region
- Telecom capacity, mobile phone use growing rapidly
- 3 successful Export Processing Zones; 12 Industrial Parks; 2 software parks; 1 hi-tech park.
- Ho Chi Minh City possesses a well developed telecom sector with a level of cost equal to the regional average.